Inspired by the social pop phenomena and based on the BBC radio series format and because people regularly ask me this question I have decided to blog my personal Desert Island Discs. Eight records I would bring to an isolated, romantic island along with one book and one luxury gadget.
My eight records are:
- Josef Matthias Hauer – Symphonic Works (1913)
- Jehan Alain – Organ Works (1937-1939)
- Grażyna Bacewicz – Piano Quintets (1952/1965)
- Miles Davis – Ascenseur pour l’échafaud O.S.T. (1957)
- David Bowie – Young Americans (1975)
- Dwight Twilley Band – Twilley Don’t Mind (1977)
- Ströer Duo – Fluchtweg Madagascar (1982)
- Hiroshi Yoshimura – Music For Nine Post Cards (1982)
My book would be:
My luxury gadget would be:
B&O Play A2 speaker (presuming I would have a power generator, my mobile phone and a good LTE+ connection).
Listen to the music: